in case you live on another planet and didn’t already know, halloween is this saturday. as in, 5 days from now. and in good amanda fashion, i’ve once again failed to start the costume planning early! but its all good because the most time consuming part of the costume took about 5 seconds. #winning!
have you noticed that i’m totally beating around the bush about revealing my halloween costume. thats because i am! but don’t worry, i’ll be sharing it later in the week!
so for now lets get back to making these sweet little pompoms!Continue reading…
i toyed around with a few different ways to achieve the gem/faceted look for my gem magnets. my first thought was cement poured into molds. but who really wants to mess with cement or molds? not i. so trusty old school polymer clay it was!Continue reading…
1. i’m pretty sure that the days of me dressing in color, like 5 different colors at once have come to a close. black, white, camel & grey are my new go to’s. stitchfix may or may not hate me for this.
2. o em g! these dessert nachos are everything. i die for these sprinkles every single time! the way they crunch is on top of ice cream makes me so happy! i can only imagine that they get even better on nachos. am i the only on?!Continue reading…
last week i was over on lemonthistle.com sharing a really fun and easy clock diy. the project featured the prettiest marbled paper i’ve ever seen!
so it got me thinking…what about making my own marbled paper?! crazy right? well, it gets even crazier!
as i began to research (and by research, i mean scrolling through pinterest until my eyes bled) different paper marbling techniques i found something pretty darn intriguing. are you interested yet? it involves shaving cream and food coloring! so not what you were thinking right?!? yea me either. and i was wayy wayyyy skeptical about it, but gave it a go anyway, because what do we have to loose here?! just a few cheap-o art supplies at the most.Continue reading…
1. the food network is like halloween central. i. can’t. stop. watching. chopped halloween style has me so sucked in. you would think that after the episode in which eel butchering happened and blood was flying everywhere (which by the way, apparently eel blood is toxic if not cooked correctly), i would be throwing in the towel. but, no! i just keep going. how do i break away from this terrible addiction?!?
3. yes, i know its fall and yes, i know that as a blogger i’m supposed to using all the fall colors in literally everything i do. but i really just needed one more neon fix. i’ll be sharing it here tomorrow!
4. i used coupons at michael’s this weekend. there, i said it. and i saved so much money and it felt so good! coupons are not my thing for so many reasons. but mainly, i can never ever remember to pull them up on my phone in time to be scanned, so 9 times out of 10 i just give it up. any one have couponing tips for a newbie?!
5. um everything in target’s fall home decor line, has taken over my brain. emily henderson just styled yet another target room and i’m dying over it and all of its contents! i need/want everything.
6. grocery shopping. everyone’s least favorite thing in the whole world. this list is true in every single way! i totally relate to number 1. i choose the wrong line every time. i feel so confident going in and then the other lines start moving faster and i realize i’ve made the wrong choice. grr.